Rhea Perlman Biography
Rhea Perlman is an actress and author from the United States. At Sitcom Cheers (1982-1993), she was head-waiting for Carla Tortelli. Perlman was nominated for ten Emmy Awards for Outstanding Supporting Actress over the course of 11 seasons, winning four times, and was nominated for a record seven Golden Globe Awards in the Television Series for Best Supporting Actress. In films such as Canadian Bacon (1995), Matilda (1996), The Sessions (2012) and Poms, she has also acted (2019)
Rhea Perlman Age
Perlman is 73 years old as of 2021. She was born as Rhea Jo Perlman on March 31, 1948, in Coney Island, New York, United States.
Rhea Perlman Height
She stands at a height of 5 feet and 1 inch.
Rhea Perlman Parents
Perlman is the daughter of Philip Perlman, a Polish immigrant boss at the Doll Parts Factory, and Adele, a bookkeeper. She grew up in Bensonhurst, a Jewish family with additional origins in Russia.
Rhea Perlman Siblings
She has a niece, Heide, who worked on Cheers, Frasier, and The Tracey Ullman Show as a TV writer, story editor, and producer. In the mid-1980s, their parents moved to Los Angeles, and a Cheers extra became their father. His character became known by his real name, Phil, and, although he appeared in more than 30 episodes, he managed to get a few lines over the years. As a character actor, he built a second career, appearing in a number of films and television shows, including Throw Momma from the Train, Hoffa, and Frasier.
Rhea Perlman Husband
Perlman met Danny DeVito on January 17, 1971, when she went to see a friend in the single production of The Shrinking Bride, which also featured DeVito. They moved in together two weeks after meeting and married on January 28, 1982.
Throughout their friendship, Perlman and DeVito have performed alongside each other a number of times, including the Taxi TV show and the Matilda feature film.
Rhea Perlman Children
They have three children, Lucy Chet DeVito who was born in March 1983, Grace Fan DeVito who was born in March 1985, and Jacob Daniel DeVito born in October 1987. Perlman and DeVito raised their children celebrating the major holidays of both religions but did not give their children any religious identity.
The family lived in Beverly Hills, California, but they owned an Interlaken, New Jersey, holiday home.
Rhea Perlman Divorce
In October 2012, Perlman and DeVito split. It was announced, however, in March 2013 that they had reconciled. In March 2017, the pair later divorced again on amicable terms for a second time. Perlman said that while the two no longer lived together, she had no intention of divorcing DeVito. In 2019, Perlman told interviewer Andy Cohen that since their breakup, she and DeVito have become better friends than they were in their final years as a couple.
Rhea Perlman Education
In New York, Perlman attended Hunter College, where she studied drama. Furthermore, she holds a Bachelor of Arts degree.
Rhea Perlman Films
- 1972 Hot Dogs for Gauguin as Woman on Ferry
- 1979 Swap Meet as Mother
- 1982 National Lampoon’s Movie Madness as The Little Jewish Prostitute
- 1982 Love Child as June Burns
- 1986 My Little Pony: The Movie as Reeka
- 1990 Enid Is Sleeping as Mavis
- 1991 The Last Halloween as Mrs. Gizborne
- 1991 Ted and Venus as Grace
- 1992 To Grandmother’s House We Go as Shirley
- Class Act as Ms. Simpson
- 1992 There Goes the Neighborhood as Lydia Nunn
- 1993 We’re Back! A Dinosaur’s Story as Mother Bird
- 1995 Canadian Bacon as Honey
- 1996 Sunset Park as Phyllis Saroka
- Carpool as Martha
- 1996 Matilda as Zinnia Wormwood
- 2001 Old Love as Unknown Short film
- 2006 10 Items Or Less as Mrs. D
- 2007 Bloom as Ma Short film
- 2007 Love Comes Lately as Riesel
- 2008 Cat Dragged In as Woman in Street
- 2008 Beethoven’s Big Break as Patricia
- 2011 The Trouble With Bliss as Maria
- 2012 The Sessions as Mikvah Lady
- 2015 I’ll See You in My Dreams as Sally
- 2016 Sing as Judith
- 2017 Lemon as Esther
- 2018 Half Magic as Linda
- 2019 Poms as Alice
Rhea Perlman Salary | Net Worth
She has not revealed her current salary. However, she has an estimated net worth of around $ 50 million as of 2020.