Ed Young Biography
Ed Young is an American author, conference speaker, and pastor. Young is the founding and senior pastor of Fellowship Church, an evangelical Christian megachurch in Grapevine, Texas.
Pastor Ed has an international ministry that included the televised broadcast, Ed Young Television, C3 Global, the C3 Conference, and Fellowship Live. In addition, he is an Amazon and New York Times Best-Selling author.
Pastor Young attended Florida State University where he was a veteran basketball player. His skills in the game got him a scholarship to Houston Baptist University to pursue a Bachelor’s degree. He also joined the Fort Worth, Texas Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary to study for his Masters’s degree in Divinity.
Ed Young Age
How old is Ed Young? Pastor Ed is 61 years old as of 2022. He was born on March 16, 2020, in Canton, North Carolina, the United States of America. In addition, he celebrates his birthday on the 16th of March every year.
Ed Young Family
Young is the oldest son of Homer Edwin Young, the senior pastor of Second Baptist Church Houston in Houston, Texas. His mother is Jo Beth Landrum. Moreover, Ed has two siblings namely Ben Young and Cliff Young.
Ed Young Wife
Is Pastor Ed married? The answer is definitely Yes. Ed is married to Lisa Young and together they are blessed with four children namely Landra Young Hughes, LeeBeth Young, Laurie Young Kelly, and EJ Young.
Ed Young Fellowship Church | Ministry
As a first-year at Florida State University, Ed got a calling to join the ministry. He then transferred to join Houston Baptist University where he got an opportunity to serve as an associate pastor at his father’s church.
In 1989, Young founded Fellowship Chuch and by February 1990, the church was operational, situated at a rented office complex. However, it was relocated to an arts center for a short while and also to Irving’s MacArthur High school in 1996 to accommodate its growing congregation.
In 1998, the church opened a permanent facility in Grapevine, Texas, on a 141-acre property. By the year 2003, the church had its first two satellite churches in Fort Worth and Plano. In 2005, Fellowship Church opened another satellite campus in Dallas, Texas.
Since its breakthrough, the church has grown significantly. This has seen it open satellite campuses in South Miami, Florida in May 2006, in North Port Florida in 2017, and Fellowship Church Norman from Journey Church in Norman, Oklahoma in August 2018.
In 2010, Pastor Ed Young Television program became the first religious program to air on E! Channel. This program has also been aired on Roku, EdYound.com, and Netflix.
Ed Young Net Worth
Pastor Ed has an estimated net worth of around $11 million. His career as a pastor and author has gained him significant income.
- 2015 – Fifty Shades of They: Insights That Bring Life to Your Relationship
- 2012 – The 10 Commandments of Parenting
- 2011 – The Sexperiment. Hachette Digital
- 2008 – The Marriage Mirror – Reflecting God in Your Marriage
- 2008 – Beauty Full – Becoming More Than Just Pretty
- 2007 – Outrageous, Contagious Joy. Berkley Trade
- 2006 – In The Zone. Creality Publishing
- 2006 – The Creative Leader – Unleashing the Power of Your Creative potential
- 2006 – X-Trials: Takin’ Life to the Extreme
- 2005 – You! The Journey to the Center of Your Worth
- 2004 – Kid CEO – How to Keep Your Children From Running Your Life
- 2004 – Rating Your Dating While Waiting For Mating
- 2003 – Know Fear – Facing Life’s Six Most Common Phobias
- 2003 – High Definition Living – Bringing Clarity to Your Life’s Mission
- 2002 – The Creative Marriage – The Art of Keeping Your Love Alive
- 2002 – Can We Do That? 24 Innovative Practices That Will Change the Way You Do Church
- 1997 – Fatal Distractions – Overcoming Obstacles That Mess Up Our Lives.