Azealia Banks Biography
Azealia Banks is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, and actress. Raised in the Harlem neighborhood of New York City, she began releasing music through Myspace in 2008 before being signed to XL Recordings at age 18. In 2011, her debut single “212” went viral and entered several international charts.
Azealia Banks Age
Azealia Banks is 30 years old as of 2021. She was born Azealia Amanda Banks on 31 May 1991, in Harlem, New York, United States. In addition, She celebrates her birthday on May 31st every year and her birth sign is Gemini.
Azealia Banks Height | Weight
Banks stands at a height of 160 cm (in feet inches- 5′ 2″) and the bodyweight of 56 kg (in pounds- 123 lbs). Additionally, she has body measurements of 36-28-36 (Breast: 36 Inches, Waist: 28 Inches, Hips: 36 Inches), Black hair, and black eyes.
Azealia Banks Family | Parents | Siblings
Banks had a very painful childhood as her mother turned bitter after the death of her father. Banks was raised by a single mother along with her older sisters. Amanda’s father died shortly after her birth due to pancreatic cancer. Due to the rising violence of her mother, she was forced to leave her home at fourteen and moved in with her sister (Lakimba Banks, Latwan Banks).
Azealia Banks Boyfriend | Bisexual
Banks revealed that she is bisexual. Since she has revealed the fact, her personal life is gaining lots of attention from her fans as well as the media. However, no precise information about her love relationships has been made public yet.
Azealia Banks Net Worth
Banks has an estimated net worth of $2 million. Her income is mainly from her successful career as an actress, singer, songwriter, and rapper.
Azealia Banks Movies
- 2005 The American Ruling Class as Empire Falls Singer and Dancer
- 2017 Love Beats Rhymes as Coco
Azealia Banks Songs
- Along The Coast
- ATM Jam
- Azealia Skit
- Bad Girls (Danja N.A.R.S. Remix)
- Barbie Shit
- Barely Legal
- Big Talk
- Rick Ross
- Black Madonna
- Blown Away
Azealia Banks Career
- Azealia Banks began tuning her career at a very early age.
- Her hunger for the spotlight was so great that by age ten she was already performing with TADA! Young Theater.
- In “Rabbit Sense”, “Heroes” and “Sleepover”, she was seen in the lead roles.
- While performing in “City of Angles”, she was discovered by an agent.
- Before calling it quit, Azealia gave auditions for multiple roles.
- Shifting focus from acting to singing, she began writing R&B songs and rap.
- She prefered to chase her dream rather than completing her high school.
- She launched her first recording “Gimme a Chance” under the name “Miss Bank$ onto the YouTube in November 2008.
- Her self-produced single “Seventeen” attracted the interest of XL Records.
- Following that year, she signed a contract with XL Recordings and appeared in Mahor Lazer’s “Can’t Stop Now”.
- Due to idea conflict, she left the label.
- After departing from the label, she left her moniker “Miss Bank$”.
- Azealia Banks relocated to Montreal where she recorded two singles “Slow Hands” and “L8R”.
- She made the song viral via YouTube.
- Howeve,r it was her next single “212” which gave her recognition among music lovers.
- Sexually charged, bass-heavy trackcreatese sensation among her listeners as well as made its way to European chart, Netherlands Chart and UK chart.
- Following the overnight success “212”, she began working on her debut studio album along with producer Paul Epworth.
- In 16 January, 2012, she released the single “NEEDSUMLUV (SXLND)” viathe internet.
- Her next rack “Bambi” was chosen as a soundtrack for a fashion show in Paris “Mugler”.
- Releasing Fantasea mixtape and 1991 EP, Banks’ debut album titled “Broke with Expensive Taste” was postponed for 3 years, being launched in November 2014.
- Howeve,r on 31 December, 2012, her promotional track “BBD” which is set to appear on her debut album was released.
- In august 2013, she announced that sequel of her first mixtape Fantases, called “Fantasea II: The Second Wave” would soon hit the market.
- In July 2014, her new track “Heavy Metal and Reflective” on her own recording label “Azealia Banks Records”.
- On 22 September, her next single “Chasing Time” released.
- She launched her debut album on 6 November.
- In 2012, she went on a tour “Fantasea Tour” and as of 2014, she organized: Broke With Expensive Taste”.
- In 2016, she took to Twitter to express her endorsement of Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign, clarifying that she had no hope for America.
- On January 31, 2018, she announced that she had signed a $1 million record deal with Entertainment One and released “Movin On Up” on March 9.
- “Fantasea II: The Second Wave was released on April 6, 2018 and the official music video for the single was released on May 24, 2018.
Azealia Banks Digging Dead Cat
Banks dug up her dead cat Lucifer from a grave to “bring her back to life” as horrified fans watched on Instagram. The controversial rapper has concerned followers in the past with her bizarre antics. The 29-year-old took to Instagram to share a video – which was quickly deleted – featuring her and an unknown person digging up the buried cat as she laughed in the background and made up a rap about it.
“The cat is in the bag!” she joked during the shocking video, as she pulled up a dirt-covered bag that allegedly held the cat’s body. She said she wanted to bring the animal “back to life.” Azealia captioned the video post: “Lucifer 2009 – 2020. My Dear kitty. Thank you for everything. A legend. An icon. Forever a serval serve.” In the disturbing clip, she then proceeded to boil the cat in a large pot of murky water.
She also shared the entire journey on her Instagram Stories – however, all of the photos and videos were quickly taken down.