Niall Matter Biography
Niall Matter is a renowned Canadian-American actor famous for featuring in various television films. Following recovery from a serious accident sustained while working on an oil rig, Niall chose to pursue acting as a full-time career. He received his significant breakthrough in the field in 2007 when he played the main role in the teen drama The Best Years.
Later in the year, Matter featured as bad-boy genius Zane Donovan in Eureka. In 2009, he had a small supporting role in Zack Snyder’s film Watchmen. He went on to cast as Evan Cross in the short-lived 2012 series Primeval: New World.
From his diversification, his career subsequently dragged away from science fiction, seeing him become a star in various television movies. In addition, he joined Canadian series such as Remedy, When Call the Heart, and Arctic Air.
Niall Matter Age
Matter is 40 years old as of 2020. He was born on October 20, 1980, in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. In addition, he celebrates his birthday on October 20th every year.
Niall Matter Wife
Niall is happily married to his wife Sara Bradley Matter. The two wedded in July 2016 in a private ceremony held in Hawaii. They are blessed with two children.
Niall Matter Family
Matter was born and raised in his parents’ dairy farms. He has a brother named Trevor whom they grew together. However, we do not have the names of his parents.
Niall Matter Education
Niall is a third-generation oil rigger having worked on the oil rigs in Northern Alberta for eight years. When he was at his elementary level, his school teacher recommended him to join drama classes at the age of thirteen. Surprisingly, he went on to be the Best Actor at the provincial drama championship in 1999.
However, after getting himself into trouble with his parents at the age of 17, he was sent for a three months stint on the oil rigs to work with his grandfather. He acknowledges that this experience made him work hard to pass his high school exams. He then joined Vancouver Film School to pursue his long-term goal in the acting career.
Niall Matter Career
At the age of 25, Niall had a serious accident while working on the oil rigs, nearly crushing inside the cab of a 17-ton drilling rig. It took him six months to fully recover, going through extensive physiotherapy.
After returning to the oil rigs, he witnessed a similar accident that left a man to lose his two legs. He decided to quit and then relocated to Vancouver where he first worked as a bartender before landing his first acting role.
His career has been successful with various films as listed below.
Niall Matter Television Films
- 2011–2012 – 90210 – Casting as Greg
- 2016 – A Snow Capped Christmas Casting as Luke
- 2014 – Arctic Air – Cating as Tag Cummins
- 2020 – Aurora Teagarden Mysteries: Heist and Seek as Nick Miller
- 2018 – Aurora Teagarden Mysteries: The Disappearing Game as Nick Miller
- 2019 – Aurora Teagarden Mysteries: A Game of Cat and Mouse as Nick Miller
- 019 Aurora Teagarden Mysteries: A Very Foul Play as Nick Miller
- 2019 Aurora Teagarden Mysteries: An Inheritance to Die For as Nick Miller
- 2020 Aurora Teagarden Mysteries: Reunited and It Feels So Deadly as Nick Miller
- 2007 The Best Years as Trent Hamilton – Main role (season 1)
- 2019 Christmas at Dollywood as Luke Hakman
- 2018 Christmas Pen Pals as Sam
- 2014 Constantine as Darrell Episode (season 1): “The Rage of Caliban”
- 2020 Country At Heart as Grady Connor
- 2017 Engaging Father Christmas as Ian McAndrick
- 2007–2012 Eureka as Zane Donovan – Recurring role (season 2)
- main role (seasons 3–5)
- 2008 Fear Itself as Eddie – Episode (season 1): “New Year’s Day”
- 2016 Finding Father Christmas as Ian McAndrick
- 2018 Frozen in Love as Adam Clayborn
- Won – 2019 Leo Award Best Lead Performance Male Television Movie
- 2016 Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce as Joaquin
- 2014 Honor Student as Nicholas Howarth
- 2017 iZombie as Sage Denning Episode (season 3): “Some Like it Hot Mess”
- 2008 Loch Ness Terror as Josh Riley
- 2018 Love at First Dance as Eric
- 2018 Marrying Father Christmas as Ian McAndrick
- 2009–2010 Melrose Place as Rick Paxton -Recurring role (season 1)
- 2014 Motive as Damian Cutter Episode (season 2): “Overboard”
- 2020 Never Kiss a Man in a Christmas Sweater as Lucas Cavelli
- 2012–2013 Primeval: New World as Evan Cross(Main role)
- Won – 2013 Constellation Award Best Male Performance in a Sci-Fi TV Episode – “Truth”
- Nominated – 2013 Leo Award Best Lead Performance by a Male in a Dramatic Series – “Truth”
- 2015 Remedy as Dr. Peter Cutler
- 2015 Rizzoli & Isles as Detective Mike Guthrie
- 2008 Secrets of the Summer House as Peter Hughes
- 2007–2008 Stargate Atlantis as Lt. Kemp
- 2016 Stop the Wedding as Clay Castleberry
- 2017 Supernatural as Buddy
- 2018 Take-Two as Hugh Garlin
- 2017 The Good Doctor as Mark Allen
- 2009 Warehouse 13 as Gary Whitman
- 2017 When Calls the Heart as Shane Cantrell Recurring role (season 4)
Niall Matter Net Worth
Matter has a net worth of $4 Million as of 2021. This amount is accrued from his successful career in acting.