Leigh Mills Biography
Leigh Mills is a renowned American journalist currently working as an evening news anchor and reporter for NBC 15 News. Mills anchors the 4 and 6 pm newscasts since joining the station in 2003. She has won numerous awards for her work, including an Emmy Award and a National Edward R. Murrow Award.
Leigh was born in Cortland, Ohio but she now considers Southern Wisconsin her home. she attended Scripps School of Journalism at Ohio University and graduated with a major in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in French.
Mills also spent 3 years studying in tours, France at the Institut de Touraine. She joined Northwestern University to study journalism through its Radio, TV, and Film program as a high school senior.
Leigh Mills NBC 15 News
Mills joined NBC 15 News in September 2003 and she has been serving the station since then. She spent 11 years as the 5, 6, and 10 pm news anchors before she adjusted her schedule in 2017 so that she can have more time with her two boys.
In 2005, Leigh worked as the 5 and 10 pm reporter and weekend anchor in 2014. Previously, she worked as a general assignment reporter before relocating to Madison where she spent 4 years as a reporter, anchor, producer, and sometimes as a photographer and editor at WOUB-TV in Athens, Ohio.
Leigh Mills Age
How old is Leigh Mills? Leigh has managed to keep her personal life away from the limelight hence has not disclosed details about her age and date of birth. It is therefore not known when she celebrates her birthday. We promise to update you once the information is available in the public domain.
Leigh Mills Husband
Mills is happily married to her husband Charlie Trecek since 2012. The couple is blessed with two boys. In addition, Leigh is the stepmother of two teenage children. She has not disclosed any further information in regard to her marital life.
Leigh Mills Family
Mills has managed to keep her personal life away from the limelight hence has not disclosed details about her family including her parents and siblings. We promise to update you as soon as the information is available.
Leigh Mills Net Worth
Mills has an estimated net worth of between $1 million – $5 million. Her income is mainly attributed to her career as a successful journalist.
Leigh Mills Salary
Leigh receives an annual salary of approximately between $40,000 – $110,500. This is according to her career as a news anchor and reporter working for NBC 15 News.
Leigh Awards and Recognitions
- 2020: Wisconsin Broadcasters Association 1st place award for Best Series or Documentary for “Class During COVID”
- 2017: Wisconsin Broadcasters Association 1st place award for Best Editorial/Commentary for “Unspun”
- 2015: Wisconsin Broadcasters Association Award in Series/Documentary for “Welcoming Baby”
- 2015: Wisconsin Broadcasters Association Award for Significant Community Impact for “Crystal Apple Awards”
- ‘015: Wisconsin Broadcasters Association Award for Election Night Coverage
- 2014: Midwest Emmy Nomination in Serious News (Hard) Single Feature for “Police Shootings: The Untold Story”
- 2014: “Best of Madison” Evening News Team, gold
- 2013: “Best of Madison” Evening News Team, gold
- 2013: Wisconsin Broadcasters Association Award for live reporting
- 2012: “Best of Madison” TV Personality, silver
- ‘012: Associated Press Award for Enterprise Reporting for “DA Shortage”
- 2012: Wisconsin Broadcasters Association Award for Hard News/Investigative for “DA Shortage”
- 2012: Media Award for Excellence, presented by NAMI Dane County
- 2011: Midwest Emmy Nomination in Health Reporting for “Teen Anorexia”
- 2011: Midwest Emmy Nomination in Serious Feature/Hard News for “Quadruple Homicide: One Year Later”
- ‘011: Associated Press Award for Best Hard News for “Quadruple Violence: One Year Later”
- 2011: Wisconsin Broadcasters Association 3rd place in Hard News/Investigative for “Quadruple Homicide: One Year Later”
- 2010: RTDNA National Edward R. Murrow Award for Best Feature: “Power to Forgive”
- 2010: Associated Press Feature Award for “Power to Forgive”
- 2010: Wisconsin Broadcasters Association Feature Award for “Power to Forgive”
- ‘010: Excellence in Media Award, presented by Domestic Abuse Intervention Services, for “The Silent Crime”
- 2010: RTDNA Regional Edward R. Murrow Award for “Power to Forgive”
- 2009: Midwest Emmy Winner for “Power to Forgive”
- 2009: Midwest Emmy Nomination for Outstanding Achievement for On-Camera Talent: News Anchor
- ‘009: Midwest Emmy Nomination for “A Mother’s Mission”
- 2008: Madison’s Best Local Television Broadcaster from the Madison.com Readers’ Choice Awards
- 2008: Best Live On-Scene Reporting from the Wisconsin Broadcasters Association for “Lake Delton Aftermath”
- ‘008: Midwest Emmy Nomination for “Miracle of Medicine”
- 2007: Associated Press Award for Best Hard News: Non-Spot for “Miracle of Medicine”
- 2007: Outstanding Media Partner from the National MS Society Wisconsin Chapter
- 2006: Midwest Emmy Nomination for “More Than Meets the Eye”
- 2005: Associated Press Award for “Inside Firehouse One”
- ‘005: Wisconsin Broadcasters Association Merit Award for “Inside Firehouse One”
- 2005: Wisconsin Broadcasters Association Best Hard News Story of 2005 for “Camp Shelby”